The Navigating Puberty eLearning programme is designed for individuals working alongside people with an intellectual disability. The programme includes a Toolkit for teachers and service providers to deliver a programme, teaching topics to help children transition into young adulthood.
This package gives providers access to the below eLearning units:
Public and Private Concepts
- ‘Public’ and ‘Private’ as concepts for a person with an intellectual disability
- The concepts of personal space and public and private body parts, clothing, talk and places.
- Determining your ‘typical’ and ‘unexpected’ sexual behaviours for five major developmental age groups
- Flagging behaviours and referring on to appropriate services early.
Puberty and Hygiene
- Understanding why sexuality education is important
- Devising a programme about puberty and hygiene
- Strategies and resources to assist with physical and emotional changes, including personal hygiene issues.
This package also includes the below Toolkit:
Navigating Puberty Toolkit
- Body Changes
- Puberty Feelings
- The menstrual Cycle
- Managing Menstruation
You will receive an email with your Teaching Module Toolkit and access to the eLearning units once the package is purchased.