The Sex Education eLearning programme is designed for individuals working alongside people with an intellectual disability. The programme includes a Toolkit for teachers and service providers to deliver a programme to those who may be vulnerable or at risk.
This package gives providers access to the below eLearning units:
Public and Private Concepts
- ‘Public’ and ‘Private’ as concepts for a person with an intellectual disability
- The concepts of personal space and public and private body parts, clothing, talk and places.
Sex and the Law
- The laws in relation to sexual consent and sex
- The law in relation to accessing sex workers
- The law in relation to termination.
- Elements of healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Strategies and skills needed for building, maintaining and ending relationships
STIs and Contraception
- Common contraception methods
- Common STIs and their treatment
- Providing contraception and/or STI support to a person with an intellectual disability, not diagnosing, examining or recommending.
This package also includes the below Toolkit:
Sex Education Basics Toolkit
- Building Respectful Relationships
- Sex and the Law in WA
- What is Sex?
- Risk, Choices and Consequences
- STIs and Safer Sex
- Contraception Choices
- Men and Women’s Health Basics
You will receive an email with your Teaching Module Toolkit and access to the eLearning units once the package is purchased.